No offensive content
No spreading of any copyrighted material
No spamming or advertising
Admin decisions are final
Please be nice
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to wear?
You should wear clothes that are comfortable to move around in. Our walls have a harsh grit on them, so it's a good idea to wear long pants and sleeves. We provide the shoes and equipment that you’ll need to ascend the walls.
Are there any age restrictions?
There are no age restrictions to climb. We have found that kids around the age of 4-6 tend to have the basic abilities to navigate the walls, but every kid varies. It's always worth a try!
Do I need any experience?
An indoor climbing gym is a perfect environment to learn and expose yourself to the world of rock climbing. We have developed the walls for all levels of climbers, from the first timers, to the extreme experienced. We offer intro classes to get you started, and our knowledgeable staff would be more than happy to answer any of your questions. Come give it a try!
Do I need to take a class?
You are not required to take a class in order to climb. However, you must gain proficiencies before you are allowed to climb. Here is what you’ll need:
- Bouldering orientation (going over rules and risks) ~10min.
- First time:
- Auto belay orientation (going over rules and how to use device) ~10min.
- Following visit:
- Auto belay test out (showing us you understand how to use device) ~5min.
- Auto Belay orientation or proficiency is needed (see Auto Belay)
- Belayer must pass a test out. Test outs are free and can be done anytime during hours. ~15min
- We offer top rope belay classes.
- 14 & up must have a top rope belay proficiency to climb on top rope.
- Unless they are a member of Alchemy’s youth teams.
- Under 14 can only climb on top rope with a certified belayer.
- Top Rope proficiency is needed (see Top Rope)
- Belayer must pass a lead belay test out. Test outs are free but must be booked during available times.
- We offer lead climbing/belaying classes.
- 17 & up must have a proficiency in lead climbing, lead belaying, or both.
- Unless they are a member of Alchemy’s youth teams or USA climbing Youth B.
- Certifications include:
- Lead Climb Only (must pass a lead climb test out)
- Lead Belay Only (must pass a lead belay test out)
- Lead Climb/Belay (must pass both lead belay and climbing test out)
What is belaying?
Belaying - to control a rope that a climber is attached to and keep it tight, so that if the climber falls, they do not fall very far.
A belay device is a piece of climbing equipment that improves belay safety for the climber by allowing the belayer to manage their duties with minimal physical effort. Belay devices are designed to allow a person to easily arrest a climber's fall with maximum control, while avoiding twisting, heating or severely bending the rope.